Saturday, May 2, 2009

What I woke up to this morning...

I knew Izabella had gotten up before me this morning because I heard her shut the door on her way out. I don't know what time it was but I suspect it was about 7-7:30 ish. The next thing I know I wake up and glance at the clock that said 9:54 (thank you GOD!!) I was laying there trying to wake up and the next thing I hear is our smoke detector going off and I can smell muffins...remember Steve is not home, he's actually on a cruise in Quatamala right now! Then I hear the feet coming up the stairs faster and heavier than I have ever heard them. Poor Izabella is running toward me with her fingers in her ears and tears streaming down her face. She was making breakfast for us all by herself. I knew that sound and immediately went downstairs, turned off the oven, got the stick and reset the alarms. We got these new silicone muffin pans and every time we use them the damn alarm goes off. Anyway, MY baby had done EVERYTHING by herself!! She got the mixing bowl, the measuring cup, the muffin mix, the milk, the muffin pans, the non stick spray, she preheated the oven. Mixed it all up and filled the little muffin cups up, put them in the oven AND set the timer. She was so upset when the alarm went off because she thought she was in trouble and she had ruined the surprise. I assured her that was NOT the case and that I was soooooo proud of her for doing everything by herself. She didn't load the dishwasher but she did soak the mixing bowl and utensils ;) Her daddy would be so proud.

By the way, he is on a Holland America cruise right now to Quatamala. He got a call late Monday night and was gone Tuesday morning before Izabella went to school. They changed the cruise up to only sail at sea with no ports because of this swine flu, he'll end up in San Diego and come home on Tuesday. We aren't able to talk except he's gotten on line a couple times, but we keep missing each other.

Lots going on right now, with the end of the school year. I think there's only 19 days of school left so we'll have lots to post so we'll see you then.

0 comments: