Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day as a College Freshman....

As I type, I can still remember when Taylor was born and how much joy she has brought to all of our lives since that day *sniff sniff* but now she's all grown up, moved 12 hours away and got as far away from any parental supervision as she could, just to go to college. She got a full academic scholarship for 2 years to an all girls prep college. She LOVES it which makes me feel a little bit better considering how far away she is now. It's not the old 3 hour drive to visit anymore. I just keep telling myself that it's only 2 years and then we'll get her to Tech back in Lubbock to start Med school and then all will be right with the world. *sniff sniff*



I never went to college much less seen the inside of a dorm room, but I can tell you this would make me clausterphobic (sp?) But, I hear from everyone this is what they are supposed to look like. You'll see what I mean below.

She says that they are going to put the beds up on lifts soon so they will be able to put those little desks underneath the bed, like a bunk bed and that should give them both a LOT more space.
This is her suite mate Emily, whom she just loves. She's all the way from UTAH! They met last year when they went for a visit a couple of times to the college and hit it off so they requested each other to room with and that was that. They are in a Suite with a main living/dining area and all the bedrooms are off of the main room. 4 are doubles and 2 are singles. I would much rather be in a single, but I think that's more money in tuition. But, I am happy they like each other and they all are cute as hell.


This is the whole lot of them on Sunday before Brunch. How fun is that? They are all expected to dress appropriately and attend Brunch every Sunday together. I love that!

She's taking a total of 14 hours. Plus she's decided to play Softball, too. I talked to her this morning after her first practice at 6 am and she was beat and she has more practice this afternoon. I told her to look at the brightside, this will keep her from putting on those "freshman 15"

0 comments: