Monday, March 26, 2012

D.I.Y. Pot Rack

So, I made this a long time ago, but it's still one of my favorite and useful things in our house. and SO easy.

I've always wanted a hanging pot rack, but WHY are they so expensive?  Well, I decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I also needed some kind of window covering for the one window in our kitchen and somewhere to also display our shot glass collection. I got a riser, what they make stairs out of. I measured our window and added about 4-6 inches on each side to account for the brackets and the window casings. I bought 2 generic brackets and painted them  and the riser bright white, as in trim white and glossy. Then, I simply got some hook screws and drilled 11 holes in a row right down the middle of the riser and screwed them in. I hung the brackets, put up the riser, which now serves as both a pot rack AND part window covering and voila! There you have it. I now have a place for all my pots and pans to hang and somewhere to put all the fun shot glasses and other stuff I didn't really have a home for. I just love it and it's super handy, we use it every day! I don't think it cost me more than $20 total.

P.S. I just put up the new bamboo roman shades yesterday. We replaced those old faux white wooden ones. These are a much better improvement!


0 comments: